At the law firm of Jeffrey M. Laski, Attorney at Law, I have 32 years experience serving a very diverse clientele in a broad range of criminal defense matters throughout the Denver Metropolitan area. Graduate of the University of Missouri School of Law. Licensed to practice in Colorado since 1979. Member of the Colorado Bar Association, The Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, and the Arapahoe County Bar Association.
Based in the Denver Tech Center in Greenwood Village, Colorado, I bring my wealth of experience, great personal care, and attention to each case. ?I am very thorough and meticulous in my preparation and presentation of each case.? I do my very best for each client.
Call me today to discuss the details of your case.? Do not think that you can successfully represent yourself in court in any criminal matter.? A tremendous amount of work is required to successfully defend a client.? Some of the steps involved in correctly preparing the defense of a case typically include:
1. ?Carefully interviewing the client;
2.? Hiring a good investigator;
3.? Preparing the investigator to interview witnesses;
4.? Performing legal research;
5.? Examining the crime scene;
6.? Obtaining, examining and testing evidence;
7.? Videotaping the scene of the crime;
8.? Interviewing and hiring the correct expert witnesses to help with the case;
9.? Preparing witnesses for questions and answers in court;
10. Conducting a bail bond reductions hearing;
11. Performing legal research and drafting motions, legal writings asking the Judge to give you help with your case;
12.?Preparing for a hearing on the motion which includes reviewing case law to prepare legal arguments, carefully and thoughtfully writing out questions?for each witness, preparing your witnesses to testify, and anticipating the prosecutor’s case;
13. Preparing witnesses to testify;
14. Preparing witnesses for cross-examination;
15. Conducting the motion’s hearing;
16. Being familiar with and carefully reviewing the Colorado Rules of Evidence;
17. Being familiar with the Rules of Criminal Procedure;
18. Being familiar with Colorado law surrounding the selection of jurors;
19. Preparing questions for jury selection;
20. Preparing an opening statement;
21. Preparing questions for all witnesses who may testify in a hearing or during a trial;
22. Anticipating and preparing for legal arguments which will arise during any hearing or trial;
23. Reviewing the law surrounding the preparation of jury instructions;
24. Preparing expert witnesses for direct testimony and cross-examination and presenting the expert witness in court;
25. The coordination of the attendance of witnesses who will appear and testify in your defense;
26. Preparing closing arguments;
27. Preparing post-trial motions;
28. Preparing for sentencing and sentencing issues;
29. Preparing and filing an appeal.
You may need to take all of these steps to properly prepare and conduct the defense of any criminal case, including a D.U.I. case. ?If you would like your criminal defense carefully conducted by an experienced, competent, and reliable attorney, contact me immediately.? If you want a Denver, Colorado criminal defense attorney or a Denver, Colorado D.U.I. attorney to help you, call me at 720-270-2500.